Monday, January 9, 2012

Winter "Walk and Talks" are Wonder-full!

So I discovered why I enjoy "Walk and Talks" so much...  yesterday I got to hike in the park with my husband - a rare treat!   And the whole time we were walking we were talking. We thoroughly enjoyed our natural surroundings, and the unearthly warm weather (in January!), but we also just rambled on about whatever entered our heads.   On this particular outing we spent only some of the time solving all the worlds' problems, or our own issues.    But instead, most of our ramblings not only took us through incredible 'Autumn  in the middle of Winter' scenery, but we randomly "wondered."    We wondered about frivolous things like where sayings like "Night Fall" came from - shouldn't it be more like 'Sun Fall,' or something?    This is especially fun with my very 'visual' husband, who never ceases to amaze me with the way he sees things ...  it is 'Night Fall' because it was like a 'Knight' falling off his horse, and having his lights got out (oh, that was just a joke, but a good one!), or a curtain of darkness closing in over the day could make it seem like Night Falling on top of you.  

We continued to muse in this amusing way, and wonder as we wandered.    So, I deduce, "Walking' amid the wonder of Nature, opens our minds to new thoughts, ideas, wonderings, questions, and even moves us toward unintentional insight or wisdom in ways that just sitting in one place, by ourselves, thinking, sometimes cannot.   And 'Talking' with someone else can be very entertaining, playful, quite supportive, or even amazingly helpful in figuring out 'problems.'    How often have you talked through a problem with someone else, and found that somehow you talked your way around to a solution or a better understanding - and not always because the person you are talking with is a genius, or wonderful counselor with all the answers, either.   Most often I find that the beauty of talking through my issues with another trusted person really is how that person's openness, and perhaps new perspective, opens my own mind to new possibilities, or to see things I had not seen before, so that I am astonished at how I have circled around to figuring a problem out ALL BY  MYSELF - sort of.   How often have you gone through this process, without the other person really saying much at all, but still you end up with a solution or understanding?   So you see, we need other people to help us wonder, muse, figure life out, but not to do it for us.

And all of this mind-wandering seems to work so much better when surrounding by the creative energy of Nature!   I will continue my 'walk and talks.'   Sometimes I will be Walking by myself, through Nature's bounty, listening for the new insights and perspectives of the Spirit or the Universe, as I Talk to myself.  Other times I will have the privilege of Walking with another person, listening for the wisdom of the Universe or Spirit to speak through that space to freely speak whatever's on our minds, or through the supportive silence of the other's encouragement, or through the fresh perspectives of this listener's responses.  

Do you see now how "Walk and Talks' are the perfect venue for Life Coaching?    I would love the opportunity to enjoy a 'Walk and Talk' life coaching session with you!    Please,  make sure you avail yourself of whatever "Walk and Talk'  opportunities show up for you, especially in the midst of God's grand creation.    What a positive energy we can tap into!





No comments:

Post a Comment