Sunday, November 27, 2011

Mind Lift


on a dreary november day, I like to remember sunny visions from warmer days...

I just can't allow it! Gloomy skies will not get me down.. (but they sure are trying hard!) Nope.. not even that biting November wind... I will just focus my mind on senses remembered ...   the feel of the warm spring breeze caressing my face as the sun smiles down on tender green grasses ... the cheery white daisies dancing in the rhythm of the lazy, peaceful air, as my heart skips down this mind-expanding trail ... amazing! This burst of color and comforting warm winds, is the scene from the notorious South Dakota "Badlands" ~ but in Springtime. Not so 'bad,' I would say. Right about now, that warm memory is bubbling up through my core, spreading brightness and hope into my otherwise, seemingly dreary day. And my spirit soars above the bleakness, now seeing everything through this lens of springtime newness and adventure and possibility.

What is the "sunny vision of warmer days,".... the "senses remembered"  that work for you to turn your dreary days into brightness and hope? How can you access these visions when you feel dreary?

No comments:

Post a Comment