Saturday, December 17, 2011

What do Simple Rituals and a Kitty have in Common?

Simple Rituals.  There is value in waiting and anticipating an event only one time each year. I am embracing one such ritual, we do every year between November's blustery gratitude and December's sparkling, light-filled Love, connecting us more intentionally with all the people in our lives. Putting up and decorating the Christmas tree with my husband... simple, routine, hands-on, comfortable and comforting ...peaceful,... quiet joy,... dancing around a bit,...taking time out for each other and this special season, ... hope, ... memories, ... Christmas melodies streaming through the air, ... a glass of red wine, ... a fire in the fireplace, ...mellow, muted light wrapping us in warmth, ... colorful brightness in led form, twinkling cheerfully on the tree, ... that warm, fuzzy feeling that settles comfortably in the heart. 
Okay. Now I think I am ready for this season. I can choose to avoid the unnecessary chaos and commercial  glitz,.. infused with this inner glow of peace, - yes, I know I can resist the frantic frenzy. I choose to focus on the people who are important, and the hope and connectedness of heaven and earth. I choose to be more like the kitty in this photo and find my own special place within this season of possibility. Thank you, Obi-wan-kinobie, graceful kitty, messenger of peace.


What are the simple Rituals that are important to you at this time of year?  How are they important? What do they do for you?




No comments:

Post a Comment